Connect with our doctors from the comfort of your home using our live video conferencing program called telemed. Enter the portal to begin your virtual doctor's appointment.
Visit the doctor without leaving home or work.
Skip the waiting room.
Avoid contact with sick patients.
How it works:
- Click the Telemed Portal link above.
- Create an account and enter your payment information.
- The doctor is notified that you have checked in, and you will be placed in the virtual waiting room.
- While you wait, complete the intake forms and download the Zoom software/app. Once installed, enter the waiting room and test your audio and video connections.
- When the doctor is ready to see you, your computer will request access to your camera and microphone. Click accept and you and the doctor will be joined via our secure video conferencing platform.
See our detailed Step-by-Step Telemed Guide for more information.
Great alternative for:
- Patients with mobility issues or too sick to leave the house
- Patients with young children or family commitments that make traveling to the doctor’s office difficult
- Patients who cannot miss work
- Patients who travel and want to see the same provider
- Patients who'd rather wait at home than spends hours in the ER or wait weeks for an appointment.
- Self-pay patients and patients on high deductible plans who are looking for a low-cost option.
Conditions we treat via telemedicine:
- Birth control options
- Diabetes management
- Ear pain
- Headaches and migraines
- Hypertension management
- Management of some chronic diseases (previous diagnosis required)
- Medication management
- Pains and strains, including tennis elbow and runner’s knee
- Sinus infections
- Sleeping issues
- Sore throat
- STD / STI
- Strep throat
- Swimmer’s ear
- Weight Loss
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the cost of a telemedicine visit?
For insurance patients, the cost of the telemedicine visit is determined by the insurance company.
For self-pay patients, the cost is $100 per session; this is the average cost of most urgent care co-payments and deductible payments for insured patients.
Do you accept insurance?
We are in-network with most major insurance plans, including Aetna, Cigna, Blue Cross Blue Shield plans, and United Healthcare. However, telemedicine visits may not be covered under certain plans written by these insurance companies. To find out if your plan pays for telemedicine visits, contact your insurance company or our billing department.
Even if your insurance doesn't pay for telemedicine visits, our cost may be the same as your urgent care co-payment. Our self-pay rate is the same price as the average co-payment for urgent care visit.
If you need to be seen in the clinic after our telemedicine visit, your in-office visit will likely be covered by insurance. We will even apply your telemedicine payment to your co-payment for in-office visits.
What if I need a prescription?
We will electronically send your prescriptions to your pharmacy of choice.
What if I need to be seen by the doctor?
If the doctor determines that you need to be seen, visit our clinic during our usual hours and we will complete your visit. If you visit the clinic on the same day as your telemed visit, you will most likely be treated by the same provider.
Other telemed providers are unable to offer in-office visits as most do not have physical or local clinics. As a result, they are unable to treat many conditions and therefore refer many patients to urgent cares and ERs. This delays treatment and increases the cost for the patient.
If our doctor determines that you need an in-office exam, we will apply your telemed payment to the cost of your in-office visit. If you have health insurance, your insurance will likely cover the cost of the visit. We will apply your telemed payment to your co-pay.
What if I need labs or imaging?
If the doctor orders labs or imagining, the doctor will prepare an order and fax it to your local lab or imagining facility. You will need this order before the lab or imagining center will perform tests or imagining. The lab and/or imaging center will send your report to your telemed doctor. Our doctor will call you to discuss the results and treatment plan once the results have been received.
How do I connect?
You can connect using a mobile phone or desktop. Simply click the portal button at the top of this page and download or install the Zoom video conferencing app/program when prompted. This will allow you to live stream video chat with our provider behind a secure portal.
Is the telemed program secure?
Our video conferencing platform is HIPAA compliant. For added security, we do not store or record medical information or video and audio data generated from your telemed visit. Our live audio and video stream is encrypted to protect against unauthorized access.